World Read Aloud Day
Are you ready for World Read Aloud Day? This year World Read Aloud Day will be on February 2, 2022. World Read Aloud Day is an annual celebration bringing attention to the importance of sharing stories by challenging participants to grab a book, find an audience, and read-aloud! If you are a classroom teacher or librarian you can check out some resources and fun ways to celebrate here https://www.litworld.org/worldreadaloudday and here https://www.scholastic.com/worldreadaloudday/
If you are new to my page, I am Karen Nespoli, author of the picture book Gertie Saves the Day. Gertie Groundhog desperately wants to win the Groundhog Day Celebration Competition, that is until her classmate Jeff tells her she is too short to have a shadow. The competition is fierce with more twists and turns than a pretzel. What better way for you to celebrate both Groundhog Day and World Read Aloud Day with a FREE read aloud of Gertie Saves the Day. This read aloud is great for children in grades K-3.
Virtual Author Visit
The virtual read aloud is not a long, fancy presentation. It is approximately 15 minutes long and will include:
- An author and book introduction
- Gertie Saves the Day read aloud
- Time for a few questions from students
- Several fun facts about groundhogs
If you are a teacher or librarian interested in the free virtual read aloud, please contact me through my contact page. Be sure to include the following information in your request.
- Your name and grade of the students participating
- City, State and time zone (needed for scheduling purposes)
- Possible times for scheduling the read aloud (2-3 suggested times are best)
- What platform you will be using (Zoom or Google Meet)
- A phone number where you can be reached on that day in case of technical issues.
Please note the following:
- No recording of virtual program is allowed without prior consent.
- The host of the visit is responsible for securing the virtual visit platform (Zoom or Google Meet) and providing the link.
- The host will assign an adult moderator to be present throughout the session.
- The moderator is responsible to mute and unmute students and monitor questions and responses for me.
I am looking forward to meeting you and your students on 2-2-22!