Last weekend I attended the Believe Live 2023 Event in Niagara on the Lake, Canada. This event was designed to help authors and aspiring authors answer the question, Do you believe? There were guest speakers, success panels, exercises, activities and a workbook to help us answer the question – Do you believe? This event guided us in developing a strong author mindset, conquer our fears and harness the courage to share our stories. This event hosted by Miriam Laundry, helped authors get clarity on what they want as an author, help us set SMART goals, build confidence, and connect with our writing community.
Believe Live 2023 was an amazing event. I highly recommend if you get the chance to attend next year, grab your ticket quickly. This event provided many opportunities to meet, share, learn and grow with other picture book authors. I think one of the keys to success as an author is finding your community. That is exactly what happened at this event.
Key Learnings from Believe Live 2023
- Ideas are meant to be shared. Community creates inspiration
- Know why your book is so important and why readers should share your book
- Take 100% responsibility for your life
- Decide what you want – use visualization and set SMART goals
- Use positive affirmations to help you reach your goals
- Take action=Attraction
- Ask, Ask, Ask – If the answer is No, you are in the same place. If the answer is YES, you are moving closer to your goal
- Reject rejection
- Welcome and respond to feedback
- Practice persistence with patience
- Have an attitude of gratitude.
- If it’s meant to be, it’s up to me
- Believe in yourself. Believe that it is possible. It is all possible
- The word CAN gives us hope, the word CAN’T means we have given up
- Know what you want, you may not know how it will happen, but it will
- Feel the fear and do it anyway
- You won’t know if you don’t go – Make BOLD choices
- Use words that inspire, not expire
- Don’t let anyone stop you. You are a gift!
- You cannot accomplish anything with out belief
Attending an author event is an enriching experience. It’s an opportunity to meet other authors in person. Know that you are part of a community of like minded writers who will support you in your journey. You may leave with a bunch of new friends. This event was a celebration of a shared dream to be a picture book author. Your dream can come true too if you remember all things are possible when you believe.
With gratitude …
I am so glad you’re here. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I am grateful that I can share my writing journey with you. It is an endless journey of learning and growing. A journey that I am enjoying.
I am now booking author visits for the 2023 -2024 school year. If you are a classroom teacher, teacher assistant, Parent Teacher Association President, or After school Director I can work with you to create a visit that will meet the needs of your students. Please contact me to book your visit.
My website has been updates and it is now interactive. There are surprises everywhere. Click on the balloons and see where they take you. Can you find two writing videos? Freebies? A chocolate chip recipe? There’s even a special freebie to anyone who subscribes to my newsletter. Check out the resources for children, parents and teachers, librarians and homeschooling families.
Please consider purchasing a copy of Two Wins for Wiley or Gertie Saves the Day for gifts. If you are going to a baby shower, birthday party or thinking about books for summer reading. It is my wish to get as many books as I can into the hands of children. Children need to hear all kinds of stories. A book is the best gift I can think of for both children and adults!
A request …
You can really help this author by leaving a book review on Amazon or Goodreads. You can leave a review for Gertie Saves the Day here or here. Two Wins for Wiley here or here. Reviews can be as easy as 2-3 sentences. It should take about 30 seconds to leave and would make a huge difference for me. Need help writing a review? Click here.